Top 10 Places To Eat Lunch In Cumbria | KTMY

31 May 2016

Top 10 Places To Eat Lunch In Cumbria

Lunch at the Millyard in Morland
I may be biased here but Cumbria has some of the best independent restaurants and cafes, especially if you're looking for somewhere to eat lunch. With locally sourced products and beautiful settings, there's so much choice of where to eat in the county but I've whittled mine down into my favourite lunch spots, because lunching out has to be one of my favourite things to do!
Bojangles - Appleby-In-Westmorland
Newly refurbed after the floods, Bojangles has a lovely selection of cakes as well as doing cracking locally sourced burgers and my personal favourite, chilli con carne. There's so many options from light bites to full on meals, there's something for everyone! 
The Bridge - Kirkby Thore
If you're looking for something a bit fancier, or a good Sunday dinner, then the Bridge is the place to come to. I absolutely adore the haddock and chorizo with a herb risotto! 

Fell bites - Glennridding
We only found Fellbites after the floods as the place we normally go for tea and cake was still shut. We found here and saw their menu and ended up staying for lunch. There was such a selection there and I had a really nice burger here (I seem to get burgers a lot!) which came with really tasty dinky onion rings

The Lounge - Penrith
This is definitely a go to when me and my friends are looking for somewhere to go for lunch. The burgers are amazing and really different (they have an Indian chicken burger which is to die for!) and they also have tapas style dishes which are great if you get a few and share them out! 

The Gathering - Penrith
If you're looking for waffles, breakfast waffles especially, this is the place to go! They also do the best chocolate caramel slices (or millionaire shortbread as the kids call it!) and I should know because I've tasted a lot of different types of these as they're my go to cake and these are my favourites!

The MillYard Cafe - Morland
Me and dad love coming here on a Friday with the dog when it's sunny! It's just got a really nice atmosphere. Some favourites are the soup of the day with local cheeses (so much cheese!) and the calamari is delicious too

Casa Bella - Keswick
I've been coming here since I was a baby and I still love it as much today! The people who work there are so lovely and they do the most amazing ice cream which different specials every day. I have a new favourite dish here which is the Risotto Rosso which is risotto (duh!) in a red wine and tomato sauce with chorizo and spinach and it is so tasty.

The Square Orange - Keswick
This is a new little place we found in Keswick last year and as soon as I go in I feel like I'm on holiday. They have a lovely selection of tapas (which is my favourite type of food!) and it just feels like your in Spain, even if it's raining outside (which is a lot in Cumbria) 

Granny Dowbekins - Pooly Bridge
You'll often find us here on a Sunday with Arthur (my dog) after we've been on our Sunday dog walk by the lake. I think this is Arthur's favourite place to come because he gets his own little doggy meal when we have ours! 
Bon Appetite - Carlise 
Another favourite when me and my friends are looking for lunch places! It's a really simple menu of soups, pastries and sandwiches but it all tastes really good and I love that you can sit outside when it's nice whether! 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. No way, I just stumbled upon your blog to read something else that realised you were from Cumbria! Me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig