World IBD Day 2016 | KTMY

19 May 2016

World IBD Day 2016


World IBD Day has come around again and I thought I'd celebrate this year by taking you along on the Crohn's and Colitis Walk It event I took part in last weekend. This was my first ever time taking part in an event for Crohn's and Colitis and it was such a great day and I felt so proud flying the flag for the charity and raising awareness of the disease; I can't count the times me and mum got asked about our t-shirts and what we'd been doing when we went shopping in town afterwards. It was also so great to see so many other people proudly wearing their t-shirts afterwards too!

Don't forget to donate to the charity via my just giving page!


8.30 am - Me and mum set off
The walk coincided perfectly with me needing to be back at university so we packed up the car and head off to Manchester.

9.30am - Greggs stop off
Because we all need a sausage roll when you've woken up really early!

11am - Arrive in Manchester
It then subsequently took mum half an hour to find a car parking space because we missed the turning to go into the Arndale car park! It worked out better though because we parked next to Afflecks so we were closer
We're ready to go! 

11.40am - Start the walk!
It was such a beautiful day which was perfect for walking around Manchester - I was very worried that we'd be doing it in the rain because, ya know, Manchester weather and all that; it's not the most reliable!  Anyways, our route took us to the Cathedral...


... Around the canals...


... over a cool bridge which I wanted to jump on. Straight after this photo I hurt my ankle from jumping! ...


... The science and industry museum ...




... to a food market in Castlefield ...


... around more canals (Manchester has a lot of them!) ...


... and more! ...


... there was this really cute little house by one of the canals...



... and then we were back in town ...


... and then we're at the finish line!


I had such a great day supporting this amazing charity. Remember, you can still donate on just giving




SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig