What's In My Make Up Bag | Holiday Edition | KTMY

20 May 2016

What's In My Make Up Bag | Holiday Edition


I don't know about you but when I go on holiday, I don't like wearing too much, especially if it's hot! I just don't like anything too heavy on my face, even on a night, but I do like to have SPF on. I completely changed up my make up routine whilst I was in Lanzarote and used some new products as well as some old favourites and I was really happy with the look I got. Since it's been warm in the UK since I got back (which I have been loving!) I've kept using this look; I've focused on the highlight and natural tan look and it's very minimal; definitely a barely their look.

Foundation & Concealer 

  • Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser; This is my go to at the moment. It has no colour in it but it leaves your skin feeling hydrated and illuminated - it's all about that highlight look!  The big selling point for me on this is the fact it has SPF in which is essential in the summer
  • Bourjois City Radiance foundation; I use this when I want a bit more coverage however this was definitely an impulse buy and I'm not 100% sure whether I like it or not. I do like the fact that it has SPF in but after using it a few times I find it drys my skin and just isn't that great so it's not going to be staying in my make up bag. 
  • The true match concealer crayon; This is a lovely creamy formula which covers dark circles well and also highlights as well. As my skins been really clear at the moment (which makes me oh so happy!) I just use it under my eyes to brighten and cover dark circles. 

Bronzer & Contour 

  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer; This has been a favourite of mine for a long time. I've been using this on the top of my forehead and on my cheekbones and just generally to give a bit of colour seeing as the foundation I normally use has no colour in it. It's just a really natural and lightweight bronzer which blends really well. 
  • Collection Contour Kit; I love the highlighter in this! At £2.99, this is an absolute steal! I use the highlighter on my cheekbones, nose and under my eyes and it just leaves me looking glowing. I'm pretty impressed with the contour on this too and use it just to enhance my cheek bones a bit. Both of them blend really well too! Definitely worth a try if you haven't already tried it.

Eyes

  • Chanel Inimitable Volume Mascara; I love this mascara. It's the only one I've used in a while which doesn't leave my eyes itchy
  • Aldi Black Eyeline; Yes, you read that right, Aldi as in the supermarket. I just really love this pencil eyeliner and it's the best one I've used in a long time. I don't wear this all the time when I'm doing this summery look; only if I'm going out on an evening and want a bit more of a dramatic look
  • NYX Tinited Brow Mascara; This is such a dupe of the benefit brow mascara and it's great. I have quite thick eyebrows as it is so I use it just to fill in gaps. Definitely a can't live without product!
  • L'Oreal Colour Rich Quad; I love this golden quad and it's great for glamming up a look; plus it stays really well!

Lips

  • L'Oreal Matte Max Lip Colour; I did a full review of these here but the one I use daily is the shade Silencio which is a beautiful nude colour
Here's a little look of how it looks on from when I was on holiday. See what I mean about the highlighter! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig