Current Netflix Picks | KTMY

22 January 2016

Current Netflix Picks



I am a self confessed Netflix addict. Whether I have an afternoon free of no work/uni or I'm procrastinating from said work, I often find myself browsing through all the shows and films trying to find something to watch. Often I do feel a little overwhelmed with the sheer amount of choice because there is so much on there however lately there has been quite a few shows and films which I have been loving so I thought I'd share with you my current 5 favourites.


Making a Murderer

Okay so if you haven't watched this, where have you been this past month?? Making a Murderer seems to have taken over the internet and created quite the commotion, and for all the right reasons. If you have no clue what I'm on about, this is a documentary which follows Steven Aviary who was wrongly imprisoned for 18 years for the rape of a woman (which he didn't commit). He was eventually released and then arrested for the rape and murder or another woman about a year later and the majority of the episodes follow that investigation and trial. The documentary really highlights the corruptness and issues within the American legal system and as each episode ends you find yourself more and more angry. Seriously, stop whatever you're doing and binge watch it this weekend.

Pretty Little Liars

This has been a favourite of mine for a while now and I literally jumped for joy (okay, maybe in my mind I did) when this came on netflix last year. Now season 6B has started and it is shaping up to be a good'n that's for sure. If you don't know what PLL is, it's about this group of girls and one of them goes missing and then they start getting harassed (to put it lightly) and followed by A who is on a mission to ruin their lives. It is quite compulsive watching and once you get through the first few episodes (some people do find it a little slow at the moment) you will be hooked, I promise.

Shadow hunters 

This has literally just started on Netflix (we're on ep 2 at the moment) and I actually quite enjoy it. It's quite hard to explain but it's about shadow hunters who keep humans/the world safe from demons. That's the short version anyways and it follows this girl who doesn't realise that she is a shadow hunter until her mum is kidnapped. It's based on the Mortal Instruments books and was actually a film two years ago (?) with Lily Collins but I guess they didn't want to make another film so made a tv show instead and I think it works better as a tv show (though I do prefer Lily Collins as the lead). But if you're into the other world type things you'll like this.

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

Who doesn't love a good romance film set in New York. Naomi and Ely are best friends and it follows there first real romances and the impact it has on their own relationship. It's super cute and makes you want to up sticks and move to New York!

Suits

Suits is about a top law firm in New York and is my go to when I want something in the background whilst I'm doing work or wanting to kill half an hour. It's a good mix of drama and comedy and is just a really good watch.

Let me know in the comments below what your Netflix faves are at the moment!

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I was obsessed with Suits last year. By obsessed I mean, day-dreaming that Harvey was my husband at 5 second intervals. I've recently started watching The Good Wife (also on Netflix) and it's SO good! It's another show focused on a law firm but pays more attention to the law element.

    http://www.prskvs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not watched The Good Wife so I'll definitely give it a watch! - xo

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I read this! I have been looking at watching Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List for a while but now I've read a good review that is 100% going to happen! There's so much on Netflix and Amazon Video right now that are fantastic. It's hard to know what to watch sometimes.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much good stuff to watch at the moment! It took me a while to get round to watching Naomi and Ely and it is so good! - xo

      Delete
  3. I've been so wanting to check out Suits!! Those guys are so hot! =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are hot! And the actual show is so good too!! - xo

      Delete
  4. I spend so long deciding what to watch on Netflix haha. I've watched most of what's on your list though. What does that say about me?! Shadow hunters sounds really interesting - will have to look into it!
    Also when are they going to upload the next few series of Suits? Forever waiting.

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspxot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig