JUNE: Ostomy Outfit of the Month | KTMY

21 June 2016

JUNE: Ostomy Outfit of the Month


If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you'll have seen be banging on about how I went to the Bloggers Ball on Saturday! I had such a good time but I thought I'd share with you what I wore for the event as it's a little more dressier than some of the posts I've done and I think it's a really nice summer outfit which you can dress up or down.

Lets start with the dress! It's from Sainsbury's (yeah, the supermarket!) and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I can't find it online to link to but I'm sure they'll have some in store. I got it a size down from what I normally wore as it seemed to be quite generous. The waist band is a little higher on the dress which is perfect for ostomates as it won't be sitting on your stoma and you don't have to worry about your bag blowing up at all or becoming full as you can't see it at all on the dress. I loved the way it flowed when it was on and the different colours in the stripes.

The jacket is one I picked up from the thrift shop however it's actually a Levis jacket! (I know, and I managed to nab it for £7.00!!). To give it a more summery look, I've rolled the sleeves up and I actually think I prefer it like that.

The shoes are from M&S and whilst they look lovely and were't hurting at all when the photo was taken, my feet are now in agony and full of cuts and blisters and general soreness as I decided to wear brand new shoes, without socks or tights, for twelve hours to walk around London and it was a little warm. Note to self, always listen to your mum! She warned me not to do it but I didn't listen and now my feet are not looking their best. BUT I had worn them a few days earlier to go for lunch and they were pretty comfy then! I'm hoping once I've worn them a few times, they'll be comfier to wear.

The bag is from M&CO and is actually my new favourite bag! It's the perfect size to fit everything in yet not be so huge that it's not practical for going shopping or to events etc.

So that's this months outfit! Don't forget to check out the previous months outfits and let me know in the comments what you think of it and leave your top tips for helping out really sore feet!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the dress! Sainsburys seem to have a lot of nice stuff in at the moment! I had a look on my last weekly shop, and there was some lovely summery items! They have a lot of nice homewear too!
    Charlotte xx - Charlotte Sophia Roberts

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig