5 Make Up Tips for Glasses Wearers | KTMY

2 June 2016

5 Make Up Tips for Glasses Wearers

Glasses : Ray Ban, Top: Primark
I feel like when you wear glasses, there's so many conflicting tips for how to do your make up. Mascara or No Mascara? Coloured eyeshadow or neutral? Seeing as I wear make up, and I wear glasses, I thought I'd share with you my top tricks for wearing make up with glasses.
  1. Highlight under your eyes; wearing glasses creates shadows under your eyes and can emphasise dark circles so my number one tip has to be highlight under your eyes which creates an over all brighter look
  2. You can wear mascara!; I've read a lot of articles which say don't wear mascara as you end up with black dots all over your glasses. THIS IS SO NOT TRUE! I wear mascara every day, it's my go to make up, and I rarely if ever have black dots over it. I actually wear non-waterproof mascara and have found no problems with black dots on my glasses. 
  3. The thicker the frame, the thicker the eyeliner; If your frames are quite thick, you can get away with wearing and much thicker eyeliner and if your frames are thinner then a thinner eyeliner line is more flattering. I don't know how it works but I have found that when following this, it does work! 
  4. Go neutral with your eyeshadow and colour on the lips; obviously, you cancer any eyeshadow colour you want and it'll be great however I've found that when I'm wearing glasses I go for a more golden/brown neutral eye and then save the colour for your lips. With the frames I wear, I find you can't always notice lots of eyeshadow so I save the colour for days when I'm not wearing my glasses as much! 
  5. Keep your brows in good condition; When you wear glasses, it can enhance your eyebrows so it's important to keep them in tip top shape and always finish them off. As I have quite big eyebrows, I'm always scared of getting them tweezered incase it goes wrong however I do use make up, especially brow mascara, just to fill in gaps and define and shape them a bit more!
So there are my top make up tips for people who wear glasses and contact lenses in the UK! Let me know if you liked this type of post and if you want to see similar ones like this!


This post is sponsored
Read my whole disclaimer here
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love wearing mascara with glasses on, my eyes look wider and more open! Loved this post!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're short sighted, your eyes will appear smaller under your frames and more flat. I tend to add a darker colour on my outer corners to add more dimension to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig