What I read in 2015 | KTMY

31 December 2015

What I read in 2015



Last year I set myself the challenge of reading 30 books over the years which I tracked my progress on on goodreads. I'm absolutely gutted that I didn't achieve my goal of 30, especially because I was only 1 book off!! So I read a whopping 29 books which I'm still pretty impressed with. So, here's my 2015 book review



Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Such a cute book which is ideal for summer. I loved this book so much a actually wrote a review about it at the beginning of the year

The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne

This book really made me think. It's about an unpopular girl who plays at being popular and looking at all the elements. As you see her "become popular" you realise that it's not all it's cracked up to be and not to judge a book by its cover

Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr

I quite enjoy watching Tanya's videos and when I saw she had a book I had to read it. I loved the mixture of biography and lifestyle blog style writing. There are also some really good recipes in there!

Starter For Ten by David Nicholls

I've wanted to read this book for ages and it is definitely now a favourite. It's set in the 80's (I think) around a guy who's starting university and wanting to get into the University Challenge team. FYI the film of this is excellent; James McAvoy, James Cordon, Dominic Cooper, Benedict Cumberbatch , Mark Gatiss and Catherine Tate are just a few of the actors in it! 

Lets Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

This was a strange book but followed a girl who was on a road trip meeting different people. The books split into three parts for the three main people she meets. I don't know why, but I didn't really enjoy it for some reason. 

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Following on with the road trip theme is this book which follows Amy and Roger on a road trip as Roger drives Amy to her new home which is in a state on the other side of America. I did enjoy this book; it was quite heart warming

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Probably one of my favourite books and definitely a favourite classic. I adore this book and decided to re read it. I love the legal nature of the book and how relevant it still is today

Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

This is definitely this years Gone Girl in the thriller genre. It's such a fantastic, on the edge of your seat book

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

As I loved Gone Girl, I had to read another one of Gillian Flynn's books and it did not disappoint. I actually preferred it to Gone Girl but it was quite scary, I'm not going to lie! 

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

This is such a sad book! I did enjoy it but I was definitely disappointed with the ending

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Lola and the Boy next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

This trilogy is so cute and fuzzy and heart warming. I loved how all three books intertwined with each other and you saw the characters in all three books even though their plot lines didn't cross over too much; it's hard to explain so you should go and read them! I love how the settings switch between France and America and it really makes you want to go and study in Paris

All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher

 This book is a manual for growing up with advice and stories from Carries childhood and teenage years where she very openly tells us where she went wrong and things she would do differently. It's a big sister in a book! I wrote a review about it too as I loved it so much

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson

This book featured twins who were drift apart after the death of their mum. I loved the focus on the power of art in this book.
Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell

I found a new genre of books which I enjoyed this year and that is horror. This book was creepy as and was actually one of my June picks

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Another one of my June picks and quickly became one of my favourites. A lot of books this year became my favourites but this one is something special. 

Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher 

I loved the use of dreams in this book and how they impacted Sarah's real life. Such a cute book! 

Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee

As I said above, To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favourite books however the sequel of it is up there with my least favourites. I disliked it so much, I actually wrote about my thoughts on it; let me know what you think about it! 

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

I felt like I really connected with the main character and I loved this book so much because of this. I read it quite quickly I enjoyed it that much! 

Every Day by David Leviathan 

A bizzarre yet enjoyable book following this person who woke up every day as a different person. I found it hard to get into but did quite like it

The Children Act by Ian McEwan

This was such a good book which plot line focused on medical ethics surrounding the law; something I'm really interested in and hoping to study next year. Highly recommend it! 

Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin

This book is such a page turner and switches from present day to the year when the protagonist was nearly murdered. As the case is reopened, we see her slowly start to remember what really happened to her. 

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Another in the more horror genre and it's super creepy. Set on an island we hear about the peculiar children and the monsters which chase Jacob, his granddad and his granddads friends. 

After You by Jojo Moyes

The sequel to Me Before You and whilst I did enjoy it, part of me wishes there hadn't been a sequel as I was happy to make up my own sequel to what happened after. Having said that, this is a really enjoyable book! 

Christmas with Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher

As December set in, I started reading some festive books. I loved Billy and Me and the Christmas book is such a cute follow on from the main one and did make e feel christmassy

Dream a Little Christmas Dream by Giovanna Fletcher 

This is another christmas sequel to Dream a Little Dream and it was another cute little story set at christmas time. 

Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin

I loved this book. I felt like I really connected to Penny and it followed her as she took in two lodgers and how they impacted her life

Snowflakes on Silver Clove by Holly Martin

Set in the same town as the book above, this one follows Libby who is struggling to write her new book and George who is struggling to find love. It's such an endearing book and made me feel all mushy inside!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Sharp objects and the girl on the train are obviously on my to read list! I set 50 books goal and I only read 41 so I feel kind of guilty about it!

    xo,
    Not Your Type Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both so good!! And to read 41 is quite the achievement to be fair! xo

      Delete
  2. I also read Since You've Been Gone this year, I adored it so much. You've read some amazing books this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and I loved Since You've Been Gone, it was so good!

      Katie xo

      Delete
  3. Girl On The Train is the only one of these that I've read but it was definitely my favourite book of 2015! Now I'm frantically adding all of these to my 2016 reading list...

    Jodie x
    alajode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl on the Train is such a good book isn't it! And I hope you enjoy some of the books you add to your reading list, I really need to find some to add to my 2016 reading list so please recommend me some!!! :)

      Katie xo

      Katie xo

      Delete
  4. Ohh good recommendations, would like to read a lot of these! I desperately want to read to kill a mocking bird xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Kill A Mockingbird is an amazing book! Well worth a read. I'm glad you liked the books! xo

      Delete
  5. Fab list! I've saved it for reference as I'm always looking for good books to read!
    This year I discovered audiobooks and I listen to them whilst driving to work - I get through SO many books, it's great.
    Some of my favourites are on your list, I also loved a book called 'All the Light we Cannot See' if you are looking for new reads :)

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the list!! And I love audio books! Once I've learnt to drive I can definitely see me listening to them more. And I'll add it to my reading list, I'm always on the hunt for a good book

      xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig