Spring Skincare Routine | KTMY

28 March 2016

Spring Skincare Routine


About a year ago, I shared with you my nighttime skincare routine and seeing as you all liked it so much I thought I'd give you an updated post on some of the products I'm using at the moment. I feel like I go through phases with skincare; sometimes I'm really on top of it and sometimes I'm lacking however I feel like I'm doing pretty well at the moment and my skin is looking all the better for it; mind you, that'll probably change because of the amount of chocolate I ate yesterday, today and most likely the rest of the week! Damn you easter (jokes, I love chocolate!).
I always start with taking eye makeup off first because it's the hardest thing to get off. I've just started using Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover and I've been really impressed with it. I've tried it with waterproof and non waterproof mascara and it's managed to get both off relatively well. A few times I've woken up the next morning with a tiny bit of mascara around my eyes but it's a rare occurrence! What I like about this product is that I don't find myself having to scrub my eyes to get it off; it's pretty easy and hassle free and my eyes don't sting afterwards.

Next I use Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water. If you read last years post, you'll see that I was using it back then and it's still a firm favourite, and I can't see that changing anytime soon. It just feels so refreshing on your face and you actually feel like it is taking the dirt and makeup off your face without leaving it feeling greasy or oily.

A recent favourite of mine is the Liz Earl Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Balm. In my last post, I used a good dupe for this but I was desperate to try the real thing because I'd heard so many good reviews about it. When I saw a starter set (cleanser and two pure muslin cloths) for £9.50 on the Liz Earl website I knew I had to buy it just to try it. I now 100% get why it is one of the "holy grail" products. Firstly, it smells amazing; a mix of rosemary, chamomile, cocoa butter and eucalyptus oil extract. Just the smell manages to calm me. Secondly, when you use it you really feel like your skin is getting clean. On lazy days, I'll just use this to take my make up off and it does a really good job at it. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated. I absolutely love it! I really recommend keeping an eye out on the Liz Earl website because they sometimes have some really good deals which are exclusive to the website and aren't in Boots.

Moisturising is the last thing I do and I've gone back to one I used to use years ago and I'm not really sure why I stopped using it! Neurogena's Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser leaves your skin feeling well moisturised without the greasy/oily feeling and isn't heavy on your skin. Because my skin is on the normal/oily side, I find that a lot of moisturisers are too heavy on my skin and leave it feeling really greasy which is why I've always been a bit skeptical on the moisturiser front (even though I know how important it is). I've never found one I've liked as much as this; I don't find myself breaking out with this, which is always a good thing.

So that's my current skincare routine. Leave a comment below with some of your go to skin care products!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Garnier is my fave brand! Really trust their products!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to! It's a really trustworthy brand - katie xo

      Delete
  2. I love the Garnier micellar water and Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish too!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're both such great products, aren't they! - Katie xo

      Delete
  3. I purchased the Garnier Micellar Water last week but I havent tried it yet, I cannot wait :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is so amazing, love how it makes my skin feel :)

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig