10 Favourite Festive Films | KTMY

22 December 2015

10 Favourite Festive Films


As christmas is nearly upon us, I thought I'd share with you my 10 favourite films to watch over the festive season.


1. It's A Wonderful Life



It's tradition in my house that we watch this on Christmas week (preferably Christmas Eve) and each year we switch from black and white to colour. It's such a classic, feel good film filled with nostalgia and the gif above is probably my favourite quote from this film, if not my favourite film quote of all time!

2. Elf



Who doesn't love Elf?! It's such a happy, christmassy film which leaves me in fits of laughter and thinking that I'm way too much like Buddy the Elf than is good for me! FYI, you cannot not watch this film and not feel christmassy 

3. Nativity! (1, 2 & 3)



These films have become a much loved favourite for me and my mum and dad. They're a lovely mix of heat warming storylines with a wicked sense of humour and a dash of nostalgia to the days of Primary School plays. Plus, they have a great cast! The fist film was fronted by Martin Freeman, the second by David Tennant and the third by Martin Cloones so what's not to love! Mind you, the star of the show has to be Mr Poppy!

4. The Santa Clause Movie (1, 2 & 3)



This is always the first films I watch of the festive season (though it's normally November when I start!) and I absolutely adore them! They instantly make me happy and festive and wonder why my dad can't be Santa (or why I can't be an Elf!) 

5. The Muppets A Christmas Carol 



I love The Muppets and I love A Christmas Carol so when you mix the two, it's obvious I'm going to adore it. I just think it's so funny! 

6. Arthur Christmas



I remember going to see this in the cinema with my mum and we were surrounded by young children with their families however I knew from the start that this would be a great festive film and boy did it not disappoint. 

7. Home Alone



Whilst this may be a classic I was definitely late to the party when it comes to watching Home Alone; I only saw it for the first time last year! However, it's become a favourite of mine. 

8. Love Actually



Who doesn't love Love Actually! With a great cast and sorry line it's an instant feel good film with plenty of laugh out loud moments! Plus, who doesn't love Hugh Grants dance in it? 

9. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe



Oh Narnia, how I love you so. I remember this coming out and been so obsessed with it. In fact, I actually remember going to see this at the cinema and loving it! I always get excited when I see it on the telly. Was it just me who always checked their wardrobe for Narnia after seeing this??

10. Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone



Any excuse to watch Harry Potter and I'm there! The Philosophers Stone is probably my favourite to watch at christmas a) because it's the start and there's a sense of nostalgia connected to it and b) the christmas scenes in it are so cute! But I'd happily binge watch the whole series at christmas (and any other day!) 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig