#7daysofIBD | 5 things I've learnt from having IBD | KTMY

4 December 2015

#7daysofIBD | 5 things I've learnt from having IBD


It's very easy to look at the bad side of having a chronic illness however it probably doesn't do you much good to dwell on that side of things because having IBD has actually taught me a lot of good things too.

1. How to time manage effectively having IBD means that you never know when you're going to have a bad day or a good day. Because of this, I got into a pretty good work ethic of doing work when I get it rather than leaving it to the last minute to try and make sure I don't get behind on work. Also, by doing work early it can reduce your stress levels which can help relieve IBD symptoms (stress always made my flares 10 times worse)

2. Appreciate the good days like I said, you never know when the good days are coming and when they do, you really do appreciate them. However, you do have to balance getting everything you want to do in a good day but not make yourself so tired that you have a bad day the next (if that makes sense!)

3. How the digestive system actually works I feel like I know how the digestive system works incredibly well now! I know which foods are good, which are bad, which foods are anti inflammatory...if you ever need to know something about the digestive system, I'm your gal!

4. How to relax/ binge watch tv Arguably I'm not the best at this all the time but I've got a lot better at just sitting down and watching tv/films or actually going to have a nap when I need one. Admittedly, I still do run about like a mad woman and refuse to let the tiredness win which inevitably leaves me absolutely shattered (this happened today!) but I am working on it

5. How amazing my friends/family they are always there to help me and cheer me up. So thank you :)

 If you want more information, head over to the Crohn's and Colitis charity website, go and have a search of the #7daysofIBD and read about other peoples lives with IBD and get involved yourself in the hashtag and finally, donate to the charity by texting DAYS22 £3 to 70070.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig