The Nokia Lumia 735* | KTMY

9 March 2015

The Nokia Lumia 735*



A few weeks ago I was emailed by Microsoft asking if I wanted to trail one of their Nokia Lumia phones. I jumped at the chance as I had thought about getting one instead on an iPhone and was curious as to what they were like in comparison to my beloved iPhone and whether I'll jump the Apple ship when it comes to getting a new phone.



T H E   G O O D 

I really loved how this phone felt. For it's size, it was super light and I liked the size of the screen as well. Overall, aesthetically the phone is really nice albeit I probably wouldn't get it in bright orange as I'm not really an orange kinda gal!

The phone's main selling point is it's camera and I'm not going to lie, I was really impressed with the quality of the images. They're a lot cleaner and crisper than my iPhone's camera and I felt like it worked slightly better in situations which weren't well lit (which all iPhone users know is an absolute nightmare!)



I think it's clear from these photos how good the quality is!

The phone is known as the "selfie phone" and it's no secret that I love a good selfie so I was quite excited to see what the front camera and the Lumia Selfie centre had to offer. Cue heavily edited selfies!






I was really pleased again with the quality of the original selfie and whilst I probably wouldn't use the different edits much, there was a really good selection if you like that kind of thing (although I do quite like the pink tint on the second photo.

Another thing I really liked about the phone, which I feel is really missed off the marketing of the Lumia phone is the mix radio app which comes pre installed. I normally use spotify for my music but I didn't download the app on the phone because I actually really loved mix radio. You choose up to three artists (I think) and then it makes a mix radio of songs based on those three artists. It's kind of like the Spotify radio but better...

T H E   N O T   S O   G O O D

I was going to call this section "the bad" but I changed my mind because I felt to mean writing that and what I didn't like about the phone is defiantly more personal preference rather than it being bad. I found the phone quite hard to use and navigate around...it took me ages to find the apps I'd been downloading. Turned out you had to swipe left and all your apps came up in alphabetical order.

I also had a big issue with the instagram app on the phone. As one of my most used apps, and most loves, I was really disappointed with it because it was quite clunky to use and it did't have any of the new filters or the new in-app editing features.

The last real issue I had with the phone was the keyboard as it could be quite slow and I made quite a few typos which I'm pretty sure is down to the fact that the keys aren't as big as on the iPhone.

O V E R A L L   V E R D I C T

I don't think I'll be swapping my iPhone anytime soon but thats mainly down to the fact that all my tech products are apple and I can move stuff effortlessly between my phone, iPad and Mac. If you have a windows laptop or tablet I think that this phone would work perfectly alongside them (plus you'll be used to the new look windows which still really confuses me!)

Overall verdict : 7/10

If you've used a Nokia Lumia, let me know in the comments what your experience was like!

Katie xo
Currently listening to Arctic Monkeys


*Disclaimer: This phone was sent to me for the purpose of reviewing however all of the opinions and views are my own and what I actually think


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig