Adding a little Hygge to Life | KTMY

12 September 2016

Adding a little Hygge to Life


I have fallen absolutely in love with hygge. I love what it stands for, how it makes you feel and what it involves. It turns out that I've been all about hygge before I even knew what hygge was and when the lovely people at Penguin sent me a copy of The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well  I jumped at the chance to learn more about how to live a more hygge life.

If you don't know anything about this latest trend, then let me tell you! Hygge is a Danish concept which can't fully be translated into english but is about cosiness, feeling calm, centred & content in the colder months especially. You know that feeling when you're snuggled up with a good book by the fire with big wooly socks and a cup of tea and you just feel warm; yeah, that's hygge.

Maybe it's the anti social, introvert part of me, but I love the idea that you don't have to even leave the house to experience hygge - heck you can do it all on your own - and you don't have to spend loads of money either; the point is to enjoy the little things in life.

Candles are a big thing if you're going to experience hygge apparently. Dot a few round the room and maybe have a lamp or two on and relish in the autumn feels of candle light! According to The Little Book of Hygge, you don't have to go by all the expensive scented ones either, just your bog standard plain candle will be more than good to let you experience hygge.

Blankets, Cushions & thick wooly socks will all help to give the hygge feel to your room and/or house. Put on your favourite PJs, cuddle up with the candles and lamps on and feel that wave of hygge give you a hug.

Food and friends can also play a big part in the hygge way of life. Get some of your best friends round, cook your favourite meal, get the low lighting out (can you tell that this is a big factor in hygge!) and relish in that warmth.

As you can see, hygge is all about those little things in life. If you want to get the book, you can get it here and if you want to read more about hygge, the brilliant Hannah Gale and Rhianna have both written fantastic posts on the hygge life.

Let me know in the comments how you're going to be including Hygge into your life!

This book was gifted to me however all thoughts/opinions are my own. 
Read full disclaimer here


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The book is on my Christmas wishlist!! Can't wait to get it, even if I think I'm already practicing Hygge.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig