August Glossybox Unboxing | KTMY

17 August 2016

August Glossybox Unboxing


Subscription boxes are always exciting and add a little something different to your normal mail. I recently started my Glossybox subscription box because, who doesn't love getting sent skincare and make up each month eh?!
 At the beginning of the week, I did an unboxing on my Youtube channel (yeah, I started a YT Channel!!) and today I'm going to do a first impressions kind of post and go a little bit more in depth for you as well as give you a code so you can get a free gift!



As I said in the video, this month Glossybox is celebrating their 5th birthday and they've gone all out with a Rae Feather designed box and makeup bag, which are beautiful, and to mark the special occasion you can get a free gift with the code AUGGIFTBOXES. The gifts haven't come out yet, so I don't know what we'll get, but I'm definitely excited to see what they'll send out! 

So now that you've watched the video, on with my first impressions. I feel like this months box was a little bit of a mixed bag (I really liked most products but one I wasn't the biggest fan of!) but overall I'm impressed!


MUA "Hall Of Fame" Eyeshadow Palette 

I really like the Hall of Fame palette! There is a really nice range of neutral colours which will work perfectly to create day time looks as well as evening looks as there are some darker colours which will help create a more smokey look. I was really surprised at the quality of the palette and how pigmented they are! There's very little fallout when you put them on and actually blended together really well too.

Mudmasky Facial Detox Purifying Recovery Mask  – Travel Size 20ml

My skin has been terrible at the moment and I'm not 100% sure why. However whilst my skin hasn't cleared up yet, using the mask really did help and has helped dried up some of my spots too. The more oily your skin, the longer you leave the mask on; following the instructions I left it on for about 11 minutes and you get a tingling feeling but it works! I really liked this product and definitely going to look into buying a full sized version!

Cowshed Wild Cow Invigorating Body Lotion –  Travel Size 30ml 

This is the only product I'm yet to use as I'm going to take it on holiday in a fortnight so there isn't much I can actually say about the product! I'm really excited to try the products as it has Shea and Cocoa Butters which are really moisturising and toning. It also has Lemongrass, Ginger and Rosemary to help refresh and cleanse and I have no doubt that it will smell amazing. 

Spa to You Deep Pore Cleansing Facial Brush and Massager

This is the one product I was really disappointed in. I've seen so many people recommend cleansing brushes but I found this one way to harsh on my skin and whilst my skin was probably a lot cleaner, it was also very red and sore. I'm not sure whether it was just this particular brush or whether my skin just doesn't get on with cleansing brushes but I'm definitely not going to be using this again.

Rae Feather Mini Monogram Porchette

I was so excited to see this in the box; it is such a cute little make up bag which is exclusive to Glossybox and I'm so excited to use it to take on my holiday because it's the perfect size for my make up! 

So that's what I thought of this months box! Overall, I was really impressed and I can't wait for next months box (rumour has it there's going to be the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara which I hope is true!!). Let me know what you think of the box and you can get your own box here



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig