Solita's, Manchester | KTMY

20 March 2017

Solita's, Manchester


I love finding new places to go and eat in Manchester and when there's an occasion to go out and have a meal (which is basically all the time) so when it was my flatmates birthday we headed to Solita's in the Northern Quarter and had a bit of a feast.


First, let's start with the decor of the place because it is super instagrammable. We were sat in a big booth which had some awesome graffiti style artwork on the walls and then the coolest light sign saying "don't grow up, it's a trap" which is one of my favourite quotes so when I saw it, I got very excited!

Now, on to the food. I had been told that the food here was good however good does not do it justice! The selection of burgers they had was phenomenal, it was so hard to choose, and they had some really interesting starters which were amazing.


We got a selection of starters to go with our mains so there was a lot of food. For starters, we got halloumi bites because halloumi is life and you can never go wrong with it. We also got bacon popcorn (which I didn't eat because I didn't realise it would be actual popcorn but it got a mixed response from the table!) and hamburger spring rolls which are my new favourite thing. They're basically burgers wrapped in spring roll pastry rather than bread and they were one of the best things I've ever had - they were a firm favourite of the group!

For my meal, I ordered the Catalan burger with pizza fries. Lets start with pizza fries because they sounded amazing however I was slightly disappointed with them. They're chips with tomato, cheese and pepperoni however I didn't like the pepperoni on them which was a shame! However, the burger was amazing. The burger had a burger, chorizo, smoky cheese, aioli, grilled red pepper and then a padron pepper on top and it was beautiful; it reminded me of being on holiday in Spain as it was like a load of tapas on a burger and anyone who knows me knows how much I love tapas!


We had such a lovely meal and we all really enjoyed our meals - I genuinely cannot wait to head there again soon and try some more of the food because everything sounded amazing!

Have you headed to Solita's before? If you have, let me know what you thought of it! And don't forget to leave your favourite Manchester restaurants in the comments. 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oooh this looks good! There always seems to be a new place opening in the northern quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so jealous of all the food places you go to Katie! Solita's looks lush! Very Jealous Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, that burger sounds so good! This is the first time I've heard of this place as well.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig