3 ways I like to relax & destress | KTMY

6 March 2017

3 ways I like to relax & destress


It's getting to that time of the year where I have deadlines and exams coming up and it's fair to say I am feeling pretty stressed right now! If you follow me on instagram you'll be seeing my almost daily posts about writing my dissertation (which I can now say I have a full first draft of!!). Because of the sheer amount of work I've had to do, and most of that I use my mac for, I've been trying to relax by not looking at a screen as much and give my eyes and brain a well earned rest.

Here are my favourite three ways to destress and relax away from a screen... 

Reading - I absolutely adore reading and I haven't done anywhere near as much as I would like to this year so far. There's nothing I love more than curling up with a book and a cup of tea and getting lost in the book for who knows how long! I'm currently reading We Were on a Break and I absolutely love it! Keep your eyes peeled for a review soon on it. 

Drawing & Painting - I used to love drawing and all things art when I was younger until GCSE art where my art teacher basically ruined the whole experience for me. However, recently I've really got back into drawing and watercolours and I'm so excited to keep exploring this love I have because I really enjoy the whole experience. 

Listening to music, podcasts & Talking books - Sometimes, there's nothing I love more than just sitting down and listening to music but sometimes I just not in the mood and when I'm like that, I love listening to talking books or podcasts or some of the plays on Radio 4. There are some really interesting podcasts out there which I'm really enjoying right now, especially on my train journey's! 

How do you like to relax and destress? Leave your recommendations, and your favourite podcasts, in the comments below :) 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig