BOOK | Get Rich Vlogging | KTMY

27 July 2016

BOOK | Get Rich Vlogging


The world of vlogging really intrigues me. I'm an avid viewer of YouTube and I'm in the process of staring my own channel  to run aside my blog so when I saw the book Get Rich Vlogging, it's safe to say I was already hooked.


Something I found really helpful about the book was that it didn't actually focus on making money but on how to run a successful channel; how to edit videos, how to make your channel look professional and how to gain genuine views and subscribers. Then it went on to how you can make an income, but I really love how it stressed that you have to have a passion for what you're producing and not be in it for the money which is an ethos I stand by with my blog and will continue to do so on my channel.

The book is set into fourteen chapters, each focusing on different elements of vlogging including; lighting, editing, driving traffic and finding sponsors. Each chapter goes logically through the segment giving you tasks to do as well as the best ways to go about things. I really liked the check lists at the end of each chapter and, as you can see from the picture, I've tabbed quite a few pages which I'm going to go back and read more in depth.

Two chapters which I found really helpful as a newbie to youtube were the lights, camera, action chapter and the edit like a pro which really went in to depth about how to go about lighting your videos and then explaining in detail how to use both iMovie and Windows Movie Maker; explaining that you don't have to fork out on expensive editing software when you're starting out because these programmes can create some pretty decent videos!

I also found the working with talent managers and finding sponsorship chapters interesting and thought that they correspond to the blogging world as well as the vlogging one. There are some really interesting interviews with Dominic Smales from Gleam explaining what they look for when taking on new talent.

Zoe Giffin, the author has also written about how to get rich blogging, which I bought as soon as I finished this book because I love the way she writes. It's straight to the point and really informative and leaves out any on the waffle, explaining things in a succinct way which made it so much more enjoyable and easy to read

If you have a youtube channel, or are thinking about staring one, then I really recommend this book because it gives such good advice for both newbies and pros alike! If you want to have a read, then
you can buy Get Rich Vlogging here! SaveSaveSaveSave

This book was gifted to me, however all opinions are my own.
Read full disclaimer here.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Need to get this sounds really good!! Definitely invaluable to those just starting out!

    heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig