Meeting with my surgeon : One year on | KTMY

6 July 2016

Meeting with my surgeon : One year on


Last week I went to see my surgeon for my one year check up and to make a decision on what I want to do next; j pouch or permanent stoma. I put a lot of thought into what I was going to choose cause, ya know, it's a pretty big deal!

I got to use this meeting to ask questions and boy did I have a lot! Top tip for these kind of things, write down all your questions before you get there then you don't have to worry about what you forgot to ask because I always end up forgetting to ask thinks!

I've decided to make my stoma permanent. I've always been pretty set on making my stoma permanent as I've read a lot different articles on the pouches and they just don't really appeal to me. I'm actually going to do a whole post on why I chose a stoma over a pouch as I know that some people might not understand why I chose to keep my stoma; I know that I had to convince a few people of the choice (though my parents and my surgeon totally agreed with me).

One of the big things that happened in this meeting is I got to (sort of) set a date for my next surgery which is both exciting and terrifying! The plan is for it to be next June (the exact date is yet to be set because the diary isn't open for next year at the moment) once I've finished third year so I have the summer to recover before I go back to uni to do my LPC.

So there's a little update for you all! I'm really please that I've finally got a plan in place and that I'll soon be rid of my mucus fiscula!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig