Getting an Iron Infusion | KTMY

4 March 2016

Getting an Iron Infusion


If you read my health update post you'll have seen that I was anaemic and waiting to get an iron transfusion. Well, last Friday I headed to the hospital and had a top up of iron and I'm pretty sure that I'm already feeling the benefits of it and nowhere near as breathless and tired.

If you don't know what an iron infusion is, they basically put you on a drip. First you have a saline drip to make sure the cannula is in properly and the veins open, then you have an iron drip and then another saline one to flush all the iron and make sure you get your full dose.

I always think it feels so funny when you have any type of drip or medicine put in you cannula; it's so cold and feels bizzar! It doesn't hurt though, so if you have to go for one, don't panic about that! The plus side of having these infusions is that it's only a 15 minute drip so it's not much hassle either!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. First (and so far only) time I got an iron infusion, it stained my elbow crease a weird brown colours (kind of like an almost faded bruise) for weeks. Boo. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being anaemic when I was younger and having to take iron tablets (they were horrid might add), I'm glad I got over that haha x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig