Currently. | 001 | KTMY

25 March 2016

Currently. | 001


I've decided that Currently is going to be a new series of posts (not sure whether it'll be weekly, bi weekly or even less frequent!) where I collate together a load things I've been loving lately; TV, books, blogs, products, music if I've been liking it, it will be in this post! It's the type of post I love reading (one of my favourites being Emmie and Carpe Diem Emmie who has a Five Things feature) and I thought it would be a nice little post to do of favourites and whatnot! So, on with my recent favourites...


Watching...


  • Thirteen; I started watching this on the BBC iPlayer and I'm completely hooked on the series. It's about a girl, Ivy Moxon, who was kidnapped when she was 13 and the series starts as she escapes from her captor and it follows the police investigation from this point. It is such a compelling watch! 
  • Shadow hunters; If you read my Netflix Picks back in January you'll have seen that I started watching it and I thought it was pretty decent. 10 episodes later and I'm pretty much obsessed with it! 
  • The A Word; This aired on Sunday on BBC1 and is set in the Lakes about a boy who they think has autism. It was a really good drama and has an excellent cast in it and is definitely a must watch! 
  • Fresh Meat; I'm gutted that this is the last series because I've loved this show from the beginning. It's about some house mates at uni in Manchester and is absolutely hilarious (and even more so as a student in Manchester!) 
  • The Fosters; This weeks episode was actually amazing. It was a romeo and juliet musical episode (one of the characters wrote the musical for a school project) and the music in it was amazing and the way in which they carried on with the (very emotional) storyline through the musical was really cleverly done. 

Listening to...

  • In Your Dreams by Dark Dark Dark
  • Spare Time by Tides
  • No by Meghan Trainor
  • Return to Form by Ciaran Lavery 
  • Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots
You can see everything I'm listening to by following me on Spotify

Reading...

  • Currently reading The Aliens Are Coming by Ben Miller; If you read my weekend at Words by the Water post you'll have seen that I actually met Ben Miller at a talk he did on the book. It's a really interesting book on space and the reality of Aliens and explains the complex science in a way you can understand it without having a physics degree! If you have even the slightest bit of interest in science it's a must read.

Wearing...

  • Mom Jeans; These featured in this months Ostomy Outfit of the Month post and for a very good reason too! They're just so comfy and I think they have a real summer feel about them too
  • Skechers Flex Appeal Trainers; ah, my trusted skechers...I genuinely don't know what I'd do without them because they're so damn comfy thanks to their memory foam soles which are a lot kinder to my joints than my other shoes! 

And the Rest...

  • Liz Earl Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser; every blogger and their dog has been going on about the Liz Earl cleanser and I decided to try it out when I saw it on sale and I get the hype about it now. It smells amazing and it feels so nice on your skin. Plus it's really good at getting your make up off so on lazy days that's all I'll use to take it off!
  • The Summer Pizza Express menu; I went with my dad the other day and tried the new Risotto Fresco which is a salmon, onion and tomato risotto and it tasted gorgeous. 
  • The Professor of Adventure at Theatre by the Lake; I went to see this last Saturday and it was a really interesting one man show about the hermit in the Borrowdale cave. You can read my whole review over on North West End

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig