Friday Favourites #1 | KTMY

22 May 2015

Friday Favourites #1



B O O K S

I started reading I'll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson this week which is a book told from the perspective of twins who are drifting apart. I'm about a third of the way through and I'm really enjoying it so far...it's quite different from the books I've been reading lately. If you've read it, let me know what you thought about it in the comments and I'll be doing a review once I've finished it!

M U S I C

This week I've had She Needs Me by Fyfe Dangerfield on repeat! I'd completely forgotten about this song until it came on when I put Spotify on shuffle and I fell in love with it again. It's got such a good vibe to it and yeah, I love it!




B L O G S

Sweet Electric - I adore this blog and I spent the best part of a day this week reading through all of the posts and getting some blogging and html advice.
Capre Diem Emmie - This is such a well written blog with really nice lifestyle pieces. I think it's really individual and I feel like I've actually learnt a lot from this blog! Plus, Emma seems like such a lovely person!

B E A U T Y

Last Wednesday I headed to Boots because I was desperate for some new foundation; you know how it is. Any who, the Boots I went to didn't stock my colour of my beloved L'Oreal True Match so I headed to the No7 counter and get them to use their magic Colour Match machine on me. I ended up getting the stay perfect foundation in true ivory and it is such a good foundation! It makes your skin look really nice and give good coverage without giving that caked look. My only issue is it smells a bit weird, like paint, but it works so I aint complaining!



O S T O M Y

I've been having some trouble with the bags I normally use (Wellend) and they've been leaking and not wanting to stick to be and making my skin really sore...everything you don't want in an ileostomy bag! I sent for some samples of the SenSura Mio 1-piece drainable bag and it was amazing! I have real trouble with ballooning and it just didn't happen with this bag. I still had a problem with very tiny leaks though however my Stoma Nurse has said this is because my stoma goes flat to my stomach sometimes so now I'm using convex bags. Sadly, Coloplast haven't released the new SenSura Mio as a convex yet you I will definitely be getting some when they do!

T V  /  F I L M

I binge watched Finding Carter this week as I hadn't realised Season 2 had started! It's about a girl who was kidnapped when she was three but didn't know and follows her life once her real family are reunited with her. I watched Legally Blond this week for the umpteenth time because let's be real, who doesn't love that film. Anther film I watched for the first time this week is Soul Surfer which is based on a true story about a girl who is a semi professional surfer and is involved in a shark attack and looses her arm; I know, cheery but it's actually a really inspiring story. Finally, I've been obsessed with watching Chelsea Flower Show...I love seeing all of the different show gardens and learning about the different plants!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig