Having a Pamper Evening | KTMY

1 May 2015

Having a Pamper Evening


If you follow me on Twitter you'll have seen last night that I decided to have a bit of a pamper afternoon/evening. After coming out of hospital I felt a bit down and my skin was in the worst condition ever due to the hot humid hospital rooms, being pumped full of drugs, being ill and not keeping on top of my skincare routine. Long story short, my skin was in need of some serious TLC!

Now, having a shower and washing my hair is kind of a big deal at the moment but guess who managed to do it all by themselves and I wasn't completely knackered after it either! (I never thought I'd be proud of myself for being able to have a shower...oh how times change).

Before I had my shower, I used Veet's face wax strips because steroids have many side effects, one of them being the ability to grow a pretty decent moustache in two weeks. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified about using these because I thought it would hurt but it actually wasn't that bad and it got rid of the hair really well.

Then I had my shower which was no where near as daunting as the first shower I had! I was still scared, especially because my mum wasn't with me this time. It still amazes me how quick the body heals! On Sunday, I really struggled having my shower and couldn't move much and on Thursday I was able to move easier and didn't need to have a nap afterwards.

In the shower, I used a tanning exfoliator because my skin was in such bad condition mainly due to the fact that two days before going into hospital, I'd come back from Spain and hadn't been able to keep up the moisturising so my tan is literally flaking off! I also used the Ted Baker body wash which smells beautiful.

Once I'd showered, I used Palmers Cocoa Butter to moisturise my skin as it said it was 24 hour moisture and was good for excema prone skin. The product smells absolutely amazing and my skin felt a lot softer than before...although I think I'm going to have to use it every day because my skin is just as flaky today.

I moved onto face care once I'd moisturised and used a face mask which my brother and his wife got me as part of a little parcel they sent me whilst I was in hospital. The Montagne face masks are literally my favourite face masks as they are so good and actually work! The one I used was the dead sea anti stress wash off and no joke, the smell alone de stresses me! But my skin felt so soft and my pores felt a lot less clogged after using them.

The final thing I did in my mini pamper afternoon was paint my nails because it's been so long since I've painted my nails. This was another part of my little care package and it was Maybelline's Colour Show is the colour Love This Sweater. I was really surprised at how quick this dried! Like, super quick and so far it hasn't chipped either which is amazing for me because I always chip my nails within the first day of painting them...normally the first few hours to be honest but so far so good!


So that was my little pamper session. I felt so much better after having a good cleanse of my skin and even though I was a little tired afterwards, I really felt like I'd accomplished something by doing it. I still don't find showing easy and looking at my stoma still freaks me out a bit but slowly I'm coming to accept it and I'm defiantly not going to let it control my life!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig