BOOK REVIEW | All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher | KTMY

3 May 2015

BOOK REVIEW | All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher


It's no lie, I'm a huge fan of YouTubers and a huge fan on McFly/McBusted. So have an extremely talented youtuber who is also the sister of one of the members of McFly/McBusted it's obvious I'm going to check it out. I've been a fan of Carrie for about three years and I adore her videos and her positive outlook on life... in short, her videos have really helped me. When I saw she was writing a book, I was so excited and couldn't wait to read it!


T H E    P R E M I S E

The idea of the book is that it's sort of a manual on how to handle certain situations you face in life whether it be heartbreak, first days or bullying. It's a manual for growing up with advice and stories from Carries childhood and teenage years where she very openly tells us where she went wrong and things she would do differently. It's a big sister in a book!

The idea of the book isn't to be preached about how you should live your life though. It's Carrie reflecting on her childhood and looking at how she maybe should've reacted.

M Y   T H O U G H T S 

I loved this book; it oozed positivity and was like a warm hug letting you know that you're not alone. It's one of those books you can go back to time and time again and find solace in it. It was so inspiring to hear Carrie tell her childhood stories and admit where she'd got it wrong but also how to deal with it when things do go wrong.

The book is set out in a quirky, original way too. Showing her theatre side, the book is set out into acts with an interval half way through the book. There are original little illustrations through the book as well which really add to the character and the charm of the book. I feel that it's these little details which make the book truly special.

I loved the chapters on being unrealistic and realistic and her views on being lucky. It made me want to go out and grab life by the horns and freakin' do something! I felt so inspired, just by reading a few words.

All I wish is that this book had been around in my younger teen years!

I D E A L   R E A D I N G   S P O T

Curled up in bed with a big mug of tea


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig