5 places to go in Brittany, France | KTMY

25 September 2015

5 places to go in Brittany, France


If you've ready my swimming with an ostomy post, you'll already know that I've been on holiday to France. More specifically, I was in Dol-De-Bretagne in Brittany. I haven't been there in like 12 years so it was great to go back! There are so many things to do and places to go in the area so I thought I'd give you my top 10 places to visit there...



1. Mont Saint Michel
I've always loved Mont St Michel...it's such a quirky little place. It has now been made an island again so you park up and then get on a bus (or walk) across this really long bridge/road thing to get there. It's a fantastic place and when I was on a school trip there once we went up into the monastery which was really cool. When I went with my parents when I was younger, we went into the history museum bit of it and I don't remember much of it but my dad swears it was really interesting. 


This time we went we just went up the first bit of the island (it's really steep) and went for lunch which was really tasty. They have these speciality omelette type things which taste amazing. There's something about the place which really reminds me of the rambles in York...I think its just because it's narrow and has an old world feeling about it.




2. Dol De Bretagne
So Dol De Bretagne was where we were based (well actually we were about a 5 minute drive) and It is such a quaint little town with a really good weekly market. There are some really nice places to eat and my number 1 recommendation for food has to be  La Table Ronde which does amazing buckwheat crepes and grill
How delicious does this look!! It tasted AMAZING


Picture taken from Condor Ferries
3. St Marlo Aquarium
I didn't actually go to the Aquarium this time (cries) mainly because it was really nice weather the whole time so it seemed silly to go to an indoor attraction! But let me tell you, this place is amazing and I used to love it when I was little. It's fab! One bit which I really remember is going on the submarines and you can see all the fish and stuff. I have no clue how it works but it was epic. I also remember stroking sting rays....you should really go here though, especially on a wet day (which there can be a lot of in Brittany!)


4. Cancale
Cancale is apparently famous for Oysters and this fact completely put me off going because I thought I was going to be force fed oysters. I wasn't and I actually had one of the nicest bowls if Moules and frites and chocolate fondant ever. It was such a beautiful place with amazing food; what more do you want in life! The drive from Dol had the most amazing views and the beaches are quite bizarre as they're just covered in oyster shells. 




5. St Leonard
I'd never been to St Leonard until this holiday and it is this little village which was basically on our site and only a 5 minute bike ride. I had my first moules of the holiday and they were really tasty. There's nothing much there but it was really cute and a nice place to go for a bike ride


So there are a few places I really recommend going in the Brittany area. Let me know in the comments if you've been to any of these places and any places you'd recommend to go to in Brittany! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig