Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal | KTMY

7 September 2015

Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal


Last week, I went for a day out to The Bowes Museum with one of my friends to go and have a look at the Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal exhibition. The exhibition showcases his greatest hits, intertwined with the museums own fashion collection which includes pieces from nearly every century.
It was so surreal to see the pieces in real life. As you walked into the exhibition you were met with a video of Yves Saint Laurent's last catwalk before being invited to see the featured pieces in real life. It isn't until you see the pieces up close the sheer amount of detail in each piece.


I think my favourite piece of the collection was this pink flapper style dress. Not only did I love the cut of it, the sparkle in the bead really caught my eye and the detail of the beading is so intricate. 


The white dress with pineapple detail stood out to me in the exhibition as it was very simplistic and modern compared to a lot of the jewel incrusted, more ostentatious pieces. 


The pop art collection really stood out as it was in a room with a lot more colour neutral pieces. These seemed so much brighter and more of a homage to some of Yves Saint Laurent's artistic inspirations. 


This little gold number really caught my eye mainly because of its colour and how surprisingly modern it was considering its a few decades old. Is it just me or does this have a pinterest vibe? 

I loved the more dramatic, theatrical pieces. They had so much movement in them and you could see that each piece had some sort of a story behind. Me and my friend both thought the yellow cape defiantly had a Taylor Swift, Wildest Dreams vibe about it!


Again, it's the detail in these pieces which really blew me away. Not only were the actual clothes amazing but the shoes and accessories were equally awe inspiring. I adored the bracelets on this pop art piece; I thought that it blended old and new fashion really well. The design reminds me of the ruffles they used to wear in the victorian times. 


So they were just a few of my favourites from the Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal collection at Bowes Museum. If you're interested in going, the exhibition is running till the 25th October at The Bowes Museum in County Durham. Take my word for it, this collection is defiantly a must see so try and get yourselves over there! 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Some of these outfits are soooo nice!!
    http://leahclarke01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig