PLACES // The Tea Cup Kitchen, Manchester | KTMY

17 August 2015

PLACES // The Tea Cup Kitchen, Manchester



 Last week I went back to Manchester to sit my exams which I'd missed and it felt so good to be back! I'd really missed the place. As a break from revision, me and my mum headed to the northern quarter to get some material for a sewing project (more on that later in the week) and we headed for an afternoon tea stop at The Tea Cup Kitchen which is this bright red, really cute cafe which sells the most amazing cakes and has the most delicious tea blends I've ever come across!





Now for the most important part, what we ordered! My mum and I both opted for the Teacup's NQ Brew which is defiantly up there as being the greatest tea I've ever tasted (and trust me, I've tasted a lot of tea) and it has a lovely sweetness with it. I love how the tea was presented, it came with this cute little timer which claims to time your tea so you'll have the perfect strength of tea. I opted to follow the medium and my mum opted to follow the strong and not only does it create a bit of entertainment but it really does work! I had a perfectly brewed tea! Does anyone know where I can buy one of these bad boys??


My mum had a cream tea and she said that the scone tasted gorgeous. What we both loved about it was it's presentation as it was baked in a heart shape and it was so cute! I had a cookie jar which is what it says on the tin, a jar full of cookies! They were just simple shortbread cookies with white chocolate buttons on top but they were done so well! As Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood say, if you do a classic, it's got to be perfect and let me tell you, these biscuits were!



Something I really like about Tea Cup Kitchen is that they have really big portion sizes and they have no problem with you asking for a box to take some of your cake home. I actually did this with some of my biscuits because I didn't want four all in one go and I wanted my dad to try some so I decided to take two back to the hotel room. 

As a side note, they also do main meals which looked gorgeous so I'll defiantly be going back for a meal there! 

What's your go to cake to go with your afternoon tea? Let me know in the comments below! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig