August Favourites | KTMY

31 August 2015

August Favourites



As August comes to an end (which I really cannot believe...how is it September tomorrow!) I thought I'd share with you some of my favourites from this month, mainly because these are my favourite blog posts to read!


// BEAUTY, MAKEUP & SKINCARE // 



My first favourite is the Botanics hot cleansing balm (which you can read about in my nighttime skin care post). Because I've already written about it, I won't go into too much detail about it but your skin will love you forever if you use this stuff...my skin feels so much better after using this! 

I feel a bit strange writing about deodorant but after seeing the Sure Maximum Protection Stress Control on a few blogs and youtube channels, I thought I'd try it. It's different to your normal deodorant as you can put it on the night before and it can last for about two days before you need to put it on again. I tested this out during my exams (it was really hot so extra sweat...yay.) and I was really shocked at how well it worked! 

Boot's No 7 range has been a favourite of mine for a while however two products which I use nearly everyday os their pop and glow blush stick (in peach, I think..) and their high shine lipgloss which I actually got as a free gift! First, the blush. I've never been a big blush person mainly because I normally end up looking like a little kid playing with their mums make up but for the first time ever, I can now use it thanks to this little beauty! You really don't need a lot and it gives a lovely pop of colour to your cheeks. Next the lipgloss, another product which I don't normally like because it's so damn sticky but this one doesn't feel horrible on your lips and tastes amazing! It has a really pigmented colour and gives a nice shine too.

// STATIONARY //


I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit of a stationary addict and when I was in Paperchase the other day I couldn't help but pick up these two gorgeous exercise books and this really cute pen. What I love about this pen (which I didn't realise when I bought it) is that the lid is magnetic which makes it perfect for leaving in your bag without the worry of loosing the lid (which always happens to me)!

// OSTOMY //


My ostomy favourite this month is the Penguin Quick Dry Cover which has changed my life. No joke. No longer am I trying to fit bag changes around showers because this little gem of a product means you just slip it over your bag and leave it for about 10 minutes and it dries your bag. Simple. I'm going on holiday soon and this is going to be super useful for when I go swimming as well. I opted for purple but there's a good selection of colours to choose from! 

// PLACES //


One of my favourite places I visited this month was the TeaCup Kitchen in Manchester. They did the best cakes and tea I've ever had and I know I'm going to go there lots when I'm back at uni! 

// BOOKS //


I've been really bad at reading this month and haven't read a book (mainly because I was trying to read Go Set A Watchman and I really couldn't do it but more on that in a later post) but I have been using my Calm book which is a mindfullness book from the same company as the mindfullness app, Calm, which I use on a daily basis. Not only do I find what's in the book really helpful and useful, the illustrations are gorgeous. 

// FOOD //


If you follow me on instagram or twitter you might've seen me post this gem of a cake which I made to eat whilst watching the Bake Off  last week. It's a sugar free victoria sponge and it tasted really good, so good I'm going to share with you the recipe on Friday, so keep your eyes peeled for that coming! 

// FILM & TV //


If you've read my 10 top films post  you'll already have seen how much I love the film Love, Rosie. As it's come on Netflix and I've watched it at least twice this month, I knew it had to be in my August favourites (if not my all time favourites) so go and check it out! TV wise it would b wrong for me to not include the Great British Bake Off as one of my favourites...I love that show so much! 

So there's my August Favourites. Let me know in the comments below what your favourites have been this month! 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. oh dear! 100% agreed with every each one of them, and especially the cake! please tweet me @IsobellaHouse once the recipe is up on the blog! as my head's pretty much buzzing about all that work i've got to do :) but really REALLY would love to follow up on this one :) as the cake really does look majestic!!! and sugar free. dear my, yes please!

    tho such a lovely blog of yours! <3

    Vaida @ www.donttellanyone.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vaida! I'm really glad you liked all my favourites and I'll defiantly tweet you when the recipes up...I think a lot of people are going to like this one, I've already had so many people ask me for it! I've just been looking at your blog and the photography is amazing! (and the content but your photos have legit blown me away!)

      Katie xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig