The 2014 Book Review | KTMY

30 December 2014

The 2014 Book Review


I feel like this year, I've really accomplished one of my new years resolutions which was to read more. I love to read however in the past few years the only chance I ever got to was on holiday and I wanted to change it. All through the year (until I got to uni, but I have got into a sort of routine now as well) I've been reading and it's only now that I look back at some of the books I read I realise how much I did read! Below are my (incredibly) little reviews of each book - I hope you enjoy!

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly 
This is one of the classics and I had to read it for A2 english and I actually really enjoyed it. It took a while to read because of the complex language but if you have the time, I really recommend it

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Another A2 english book which I did enjoy. I was so pleased that I got to read it however I did find it a bit tedious and Cathy really did annoy me

Macbeth by Shakespeare
Now, I know this isn't a book and is actually a play but I did read the whole thing (for english again) and it is one of my favourite plays. I was so pleased when I got to see it at the globe theatre at the end of last year! 

The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
I read this before I watched the film and the book is by far better than the film (but that is the truth in the majority of cases). Even though it was heavily cliched, I did still enjoy reading it

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
This book made me laugh and cry. I wasn't expecting much from it mainly because I bought it for the sheer fact it was called fangirl but I found it really relatable actually and thoroughly enjoyed reading it

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Truth is, I enjoyed fangirl so much I read another book by the author as her writing style is really nice to read. This book didn't disappoint and the split narration was done really well

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
This book was amazing, possibly my favourite I've read this year. I actually read it twice because the ending was so mind boggling I had to go back and confirm it in my mind. Seriously, go and read this now because you will not be disappointed

Paper Aeroplanes by Dawn O'Porter
I'd seen this book floating around in waterstones for a while before I picked it up and I don't know why it took me so long to read because I really enjoyed it again (I seem to be saying this a lot!). It made me think about friendships I've had and how they changed 

Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done by Sarah Mlynowski
This book made me laugh so much and was a nice and easy read

Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
Because I loved the writing style so much, I went on to read another book my this author and I was left feeling a bit perplexed after reading this because it makes you think about what you would do if you could hear other peoples thoughts...that's all I'm going to say

Divergent  by Veronica Roth
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Allegiant by Veronica Roth
The Divergent trilogy! I wanted to read them before I watched the first film and I fell in love with the books as they were so well written. I'm not going to lie, part of me wishes I hadn't read the third book because it made me cry but they are a good book series

You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
Giovanna Fletchers first book, Billy and Me, left me a sham as it was so good and I couldn't wait to read another book by her. It didn't disappoint and is a really good chick lit book to read in the sun

Brooklyn Girls: Pia by Gemma Burgess
Brooklyn Girls: Angie by Gemma Burgess
I stumbled across this book series when I was browsing the Kindle store looking for another good read and I was so glad I did though it did make me really want to move to New York

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
If you haven't heard of Gone Girl where have you been this year? Words cannot describe how good this book is. It's a definite thriller which you cannot put down. I loved it and really want to watch the film

The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
My friends told me about this book and said it was quite bizarre and I feel like that is the only word to describe it. I did enjoy it and I thought it was a very different narrative in a way, especially as you see it through the eyes of someone with a mental illness

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
I'm a big fan of Zoe's and couldn't wait for her book to come out and was even lucky enough to go to a signing and meet her (more on that in a post tomorrow). I read her book in a day mainly because it was a little easy for me, but nonetheless very enjoyable. As the main character suffers from anxiety, I really related to it and this book just sat right in my mind

Adorkable by Sarra Manning
I saw this book featured on many blogs and had to read it as it was about a blogger; what's not to love. It was a heart warming book which was very well written

Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
I didn't realise when I downloaded this book that it was actually written like a poem, which isn't something I really go for but I was pleasantly surprised 


Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
This was a real page turner and I couldn't put it down

So there you have it, my books of 2014. I can't believe a read a whopping 22 books this year, but I did and I didn't read one that I didn't like! 

Katie xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig