Ileostomy Friendly Healthy Salmon & Broccoli Cous Cous Lunch | KTMY

3 February 2016

Ileostomy Friendly Healthy Salmon & Broccoli Cous Cous Lunch


I decided to share this recipe as it got a lot of love on social media when I did the obligatory Instagram/tweet about it. This is like my go to lunch and when I know I have this in the fridge ready to eat, I get so excited for my lunch because it tastes so good!!  I feel like I need to do a bit of a disclaimer that this meal doesn't block my stoma or cause irritation because I can tolerate broccoli fine. I'm just mentioning this because I got a few comments on my last recipe post about how certain foods which I'd included could cause blockages/irritation but you've got to remember that everyone can tolerate different things with their stoma and this is what I can tolerate! Okay, so back to the recipe :) It's a really easy recipe perfect for a quick lunch
INGREDIENTS 

5 tablespoons of cous-cous
1 salmon fillet (preferably the infused microwave ones from Aldi; they taste great and they only take 3 minutes to cook)
Broccoli
Curry powder
Chilli Flakes
Black Pepper
Salt

METHOD


  1. boil your broccoli. If you have an ileostomy, it might be better to cook it for longer. 
  2. Whilst that's boiling, put 5 tablespoons of dry cous cous into a bowl (or microwavable mug which is what I use) and about a teaspoon of curry powder and mix it together a bit. Then cover it in boiling water. Then cover the bowl (this is why it's good to use those microwavable mugs as they have a lid with them) and leave for 5 minutes or until all the water has gone.
  3. Put the salmon in the microwave and cook it for the recommended time. You can get these for about £2.00 from Aldi 
  4. Pour the cous cous into a bowl and put in the broccoli and crumble the salmon and mix it all off. Finish off with a bit of sea salt, black pepper and chilli flakes
And voila! You have a super yummy, super healthy lunch which you can make in no time or make up the night before. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks like a great lunch to take to work. Do you eat it hot or cold? :)

    www.rosebudontheroad.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig