OUTFIT | Facing your fears | KTMY

27 April 2015

OUTFIT | Facing your fears



Leather Jacket - Market stall | Top - Forever 21 | Trousers - F&F @ Tesco | Leather Converse - Shue | Scarf - Primark

Today I went out for the first time since my surgery which meant that I had to put actual clothes on instead of pyjamas. I'm not going to lie, this got to me a bit as I didn't know what to wear which would cover my ileostomy but also be comfy and make me not look like a bag lady. 

My mum actually leant me these trousers and they were really comfy as they weren't tight at all on my stoma and the waist line is actually above the stoma. I found it helped that the zip was to the side as there was nothing to dig in on any of my surgical injuries or on my bag.

I teamed it with a baggy top from forever 21 which I love and covers my bag well. Because it was quite cold this morning, I put on my leather jacket and tartan scarf and my trusted converse. Overall, I was quite pleased with the outfit as you couldn't see my bag too much (not that I'm too bothered but ya know) and I didn't look like I was in my comfies either; it was a legit outfit! 

I hadn't realised how stressed I would get over my clothes but I think part of the problem is that the majority of my clothes (and a lot of my favourites) are still at uni where I am not and I can't wear jeans at the moment or anything too tight on my tummy so that takes out the majority of my wardrobe! 

I also hadn't realised how much anxiety I would feel leaving the house today. I was only going to the doctors and then me and my dad went for cake and tea but I was so nervous! Everything went okay though and I feel really good (and v. tired) that I did go out and talk to people. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig